How to Measure blinds
Get it Right First Time
How to Measure For Blinds
- Take note of items like handles etc which would interfere with the smooth operation or control of your blind.
- Use a metal tape measure to make sure your figures are accurate.
- Decide whether you want your blind to hang inside or outside of the window recess.
Inside the window recess:
- Measure from wall to wall at three different points, and write down the smallest measurement.
- Measure from the top of the recess to the window cill at three different points, and write down the smallest measurement.
Outside the window recess:
- Measure the width and height of the recess at three different points.
- Then add on the amount by which you want the blinds to overlap the recess, (e.g. 100mm)
Vertical blinds vane widths:
For your information, vertical blinds come in 2 sizes:
- Vane Width 89mm/3.5in
- Vane Width 127mm/5in
Arrange a Home Visit
We'll bring samples and examples of our work to you to help you decide what works best. We also provide a free measurement service.